Movies Disappear Overnight with 722 and L812

gws

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2004
CA
Seems like a bug from years ago has reappeared on the 722 running L812. Last night we downloaded a Blockbuster at home movie that allowed 30 days to view. When we went to watch it today, it was gone. Someone on the other forum is also reporting this problem.

I have the same problem for several months now. I would wait until the nightly download is complete and view the program the same day then delete. The downloaded programs would actually show under the dvr section on DishAnywhere until the expire date though, but were unviewable.

My experience during the last disappearing rental period was the same as Gary's. I haven't downloaded any movies with my 722 recently, but I did with my 612 and that download still sticks.

Seems like a bug from years ago has reappeared on the 722 running L812. Last night we downloaded a Blockbuster at home movie that allowed 30 days to view. When we went to watch it today, it was gone. Someone on the other forum is also reporting this problem.

This morning things got even stranger. We were going to download the movie that had disappeared, but found that it now was back in the list of downloaded movies. Since the time left to view had decreased by about a day, it seems that it had not been deleted from the hard drive. But it was not in the list when we tried to view it yesterday.

There is a known issue in the system for IPVOD movies being deleted after a reset or nightly update. There is a fix scheduled but it has not populated an estimated release date.

Reactions: TheKrell