Movin' on up to the HD side - receiver & switch Q's

shin_hibiki

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
Montana
Assuming I can hammer out some issues with the inputs on my new TV, I'm finally going HD (partly, anyway). My setup for several years has looked like this--a single 322 receiver (DP34 switch) with one output feeding straight into the living room TV and the secondary output feeding through the wall via coax to the TV in the bedroom. The latter isn't changing, but the living room TV will be the HD one. What am I looking at for an HD receiver? Can I replicate the current setup with a single receiver, or should I just ask to keep the 322 for the bedroom TV? Do I need a new switch or connections to the dish itself? Can (or should) I try doing any of this myself, or should I just call for service?

I would call and upgrade. The 222 is no longer available directly through dish(the 322 hd counter), but you can get 2 211's or for the same price get a 722 hd dvr. That would probably be your best bet(if you want to avoid just going all in and getting a hopper). Best recommendation of you do not mind the $19 increase is a hopper joey setup, but the 722 is just a $7 upgrade with hd on one TV and Sd on the other.

You would need an install because we need to add another satellite in for HD or you could be in an area that is being migrated to the Eastern Arc satellites. If you would like to start a private conversation with me I can assist you with getting that set up. I will need the phone number on the account and the 4 digit security code to access it.

Sounds like you just want to do an upgrade to the 722k receiver. It would be a very simple swap out for the receiver and they would also swap out the dish antenna outside. There wouldn't any need for any extra cabling or anything. Your bill would go up $7 because of the DVR fee and you would have to sign up for auto pay and paperless billing in order to get your HD programming for free.

DIRT will be able to tell you what the upgrade will cost if there is any.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts