Movin recordings from HR20 to HR21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

duffer14

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
Hello....Is there a way to move my recorded shows from my old HR20-100 HD DVR to my new HR21-100 HD DVR? Any info would be great. Thanks!

Hello....Is there a way to move my recorded shows from my old HR20-100 HD DVR to my new HR21-100 HD DVR? Any info would be great. Thanks!

Not at this time there isn't. If you want to keep them, a dvd recorder is about your only option.

Last edited:
Not at this time there isn't. If you want to keep them, a dvd recorder about your only option.

Let me preface this question with the fact that I do not currently own any D* DVR's yet, so I can’t test this. I do have an installation date scheduled and am curious if anyone has tried this. What I am going to describe below allows me to transfer programs from one DVR to another using 2 TWC DVR's.

Has anyone tried connecting the output of an HR20 to the input of another device like an old VCR via component or composite cables? Then connect the output of that device to the input of an HR21 via coax.

So the VCR operates as a pass through device to get the signal from the HR20 to the HR21. The last part is where this might die. On the TWC DVR, I can set the DVR receiving the signal to channel 3. This will allow me to view the program I am playing from the source DVR through the destination DVR. If I start recording, the destination DVR will record the program that is playing on the source DVR.

I guess what I am asking, is it possible to view a signal that is fed from a source device into the coax input of an HR21? Obviously an HR21 doesn't have the analog channel 3 to tune to. Is there any channel that would allow you to pass the signal to the HR21 and view it or record it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts