Moving 922 receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

elett01

Original poster
Jul 4, 2013
TX
I am a novice at this, but can usually fumble my way through hooking up our TVs, stereos, computers, etc., so please forgive my very untechnical explanation. We have a 922 receiver in the living room for the HDTV TV1, with the SD TV2 in the den. As we just got a large HDTV in the den a few weeks ago, I wanted to move the receiver into there to get the HDTV feed. I found the diplexer in the attic and swapped the "In/out" (going to the living room) with the "UHF/VHF" (going to the den). Then I hooked up the receiver to the TV in the den and the TV in the living room directly to the cable outlet in the wall. Seemed logical enough. Correct? When it was done, I got no signal from the satellite - zip, zero, nada. The satellite menus came up, but it would just say "acquiring satellites 0 of ...." Frustrated, I put it all back like it was before, but now am still getting no signal, even though everything was wired as before. A) Was that the correct way to move the receiver, and B) why won't it work now???

I am a novice at this, but can usually fumble my way through hooking up our TVs, stereos, computers, etc., so please forgive my very untechnical explanation. We have a 922 receiver in the living room for the HDTV TV1, with the SD TV2 in the den. As we just got a large HDTV in the den a few weeks ago, I wanted to move the receiver into there to get the HDTV feed. I found the diplexer in the attic and swapped the "In/out" (going to the living room) with the "UHF/VHF" (going to the den). Then I hooked up the receiver to the TV in the den and the TV in the living room directly to the cable outlet in the wall. Seemed logical enough. Correct? When it was done, I got no signal from the satellite - zip, zero, nada. The satellite menus came up, but it would just say "acquiring satellites 0 of ...." Frustrated, I put it all back like it was before, but now am still getting no signal, even though everything was wired as before. A) Was that the correct way to move the receiver, and B) why won't it work now???

No, that is what should have worked. Sat stays as sat on the diplexer, and in/out runs to the receiver (signal to receiver and backfeed back to the diplexer), and VHF/UHF runs the modulated TV2 output to that TV2.

Behind the 922 is either a triplexer (one cable to three: sat input 1, sat input 2, and home distribution), or a diplexer/separator combo. I am assuming you moved that with the receiver to the new location, right? Other than that, I'm stumped.

Thanks. Yes, I left the triplexer hooked to the back of the 922 and moved it as well. I am stumped too. I am going to mess around in the attic this morning while it is cooler and see if I missed something. Thanks for the confirmation. Hubby thought I was crazy, but I was pretty confident that it should have worked (I had actually dug through this forum before doing it to get an idea of what I needed to do.) I will report back later.

I have seen times where doing that for whatever reason will make it lose signal. I would unplug power to the box move it into the other room where you want it to be. Then disconnect every cable connection for 10-15 seconds and connect back. Then plug in power. Hope it helps. Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)