Moving a Dish to a new Pole

ac3750

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Live in a condo and I want to redo my dish antenna install to clean the look up on the balcony. Don't worry, this is because I want to, not because the condo association is asking me to do.

My question is what diameter pole do I need to get to put the dish on. I have the 1000+ so I can pick up the 4 satellites (110/118/119/129).

I have read other posts in this forum that indicates a 1 and 5/8 in diameter pole, but when shopping at my local Home Depot and Lowes, all that I can find is a 1 and 1/4 in diameter or smaller. If its the 1 and 5/8 inch in diameter, any suggestions on where to purchase?

Thanks for any and all advice!

I don't know much about the Dish 1000+. My Dish 500 is mounted on a 1 5/8 chain link fence post. i got it at Lowe's for less than 10 dollars. Hope that helps.

I don't know much about the Dish 1000+. My Dish 500 is mounted on a 1 5/8 chain link fence post. i got it at Lowe's for less than 10 dollars. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info...Just got back from Lowes and sure enough, when I asked for a chain link post, they had what I was looking for. Can't ask the for a 1 and 5/8 in diameter metal pole, because they don't have it. But ask for a 1 and 5/8 in diameter "Chain Link Fence Post", they sure know where in the store to point me to...go figure...

Thanks again!

Live in a condo and I want to redo my dish antenna install to clean the look up on the balcony. Don't worry, this is because I want to, not because the condo association is asking me to do.

My question is what diameter pole do I need to get to put the dish on. I have the 1000+ so I can pick up the 4 satellites (110/118/119/129).

I have read other posts in this forum that indicates a 1 and 5/8 in diameter pole, but when shopping at my local Home Depot and Lowes, all that I can find is a 1 and 1/4 in diameter or smaller. If its the 1 and 5/8 inch in diameter, any suggestions on where to purchase?

Thanks for any and all advice!
Inch and 5/8ths is correct....In this area Home Depot does NOT sell chain link fencing or supplies...That's because many subdivisions in this area ban chain link fences. However Lowe's carries the fencing..go there... This is where I buy all the posts I need for ground mounts...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)