Moving a parent to assisted living facility. Needed equipment?

gbs

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 12, 2005
Benton, Arkansas
I am moving my Mom to an assisted living facility. The manager says they have basic Dish Network service to all the apartments. She has a 42" Vizio HDTV. Guess I will need to get her her a 211 receiver to hook on to the network to receive the HD signal? I see lots of folks with HD sets but all of them look like like a stretched SD picture and there are no receivers in any of the rooms that I can see. Do these large networks simply send a basic channel package to the rooms via coax?

those systems are like a mini cable company. they take channels from dish and then give them a channel number so any tv digital or analog can decode.

If your lucky the operator of the system installed home runs from the headend to each room . if that is the case they could diplex sat signal to hir room and feed the box and make a dish mover agrement $$Free-$150.

If thats not the case then you will have to see with the living center if they will alow hir to have her own dish

Thanks for the info. I'll talk to the manager again and see if he can point me to the local installer and see how the sytem is setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)