"Moving" and 922

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

trumanhorn

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Missouri
Anyone else have success in "moving" with a 922 (specifically, them allowing you to do a self-install after your professional installation)?

I essentially did a self install with my 922 after that Dish installer refused to put the dish on my roof. He had every excuse in the book. I downloaded an Android App found the satellites, went of the roof and found a suitable spot and moved the Dish. I was hoping to get a evaluation form for Dish for this installer, but I did not :(

He asked me how he did... My reply was that you did poor, I wanted it on my roof you temp mounted it in my yard.

Just out of curiosity what Android App did you find that would let you find the satellites and help you aim your dish? That's something that could come in handy!

Don't know if this is the one the OP has but I found this yesterday. Costs $19.99

Dishpointer.com Android App

Yep, that's the one. Kind of expensive for what I used it for, but that dang installer would not go on my roof. It was a Saturday, I think he just wanted to get home. Next time, I will tell them to leave me the equipment and I'll do the rest. I've installed plenty of dishes in the past with only a compass, this app is great. I'll be moving my mom's Dish sometime this Summer and that app will be great :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)