"Moving" and keeping OTA locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sgarringer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching but couldn't find the answer to the question. If I "move" to a different location to get locals from Dish, and keep my OTA antenna hooked up, will I continue to receive my OTA locals with guide info? The reason I ask, several of my OTA stations are transmitting digitally, but not yet HD and I am near Chicago so have been considering the 'move' there, but others in my family enjoy some of the local originated programming (news, etc) of our market.

Thanks!

Its my experience that I do get the guide info for my OTA channels, even though I moved before they were available, and never subscribed to the locals. I got my locals via a "Move". My OTA guide info showed up when Dish added my area.

I can verify also that you can get your local OTA locals as well as your 'moved to' locals. Actually it appears you can get multiple 'moved' locals due to a glitch in the system.

THIs used to be true but no more. You can't even add locals online through their website any longer unless you use DISH chat and that is a direct online connection with a csr. At one time you could call and give the csr your new service address and hang up and then add your locals for that new service address and keep your old locals too , if you were in the spotbeam range for both. Some locals were on conus beam but that too is changing as we speak. So now it is one set of locals per customer , unless you use Allamerican direct for distants out of Atlanta and San Francisco. They both suck in picture quality by the way.

Well, I 'moved' to Chicago and I am still getting locals for Cedar Rapids on both OTA and sat. So I donno.

Are you getting Chicago as well? You never said if you were, all you stated was you "moved". You should still get your ota and sometimes it takes Dish a while to shut off your dish supplied locals you had before you "moved", or the csr may have forgotten to shut them off and it may take some time before the mistake is picked up. Enjoy them while you have them.

i wish i knew how that would work i would love to get HD Locals from a Move and keep my current locals too

It had something to do with 'moving' twice in the same day, and it must have caused some confusion with Dish. What is interesting is when you log into their online account, it shows both DMAs in the My Programming/Local Channels section. Plus the fact that the CSR asked if they wanted to keep both these groups of locals was interesting also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)