"Moving" and the telephone connection?

cj9788

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Miami, FL
Hello all I am going to "move" from Jacksonville Fl (904) to Miami (305) and am wondering if E* will be able to tell when the receiver calls in. I know that ANI will know the number regardless of blocking. I will bite the bullet and pay the fee for my 625 not being connected but i would rather not. Any insight would be appreciated.

BTW I have solved the spotbeam issue which is why I am going to move. I recently installed a one meter wingard dish aimed at 119 and it works perfectly. Spot 3 has been at a constant lock at 50 to 55 since i installed the dish on friday.

ALL E* cars about is that the number your receiver(s) call from is the number they have on your account.

Cool so when I give them my new miami address I wont bring up the phone number hopefully I will get the India call center and they wont think to ask.

Cool so when I give them my new miami address I wont bring up the phone number hopefully I will get the India call center and they wont think to ask.

Just give them the miami service address, and the phone won't be an issue; its on your billing address.

:D

If you're really desperate, get a grand central number or something and a cheap VoIP box, hack it to work together with something like skype or whatnot, and you'll be set. :cool:

Edit: On second thought, this sounds like an entertaining way to get a call from Dish about why 1 of your receivers is in say, CA, and the other is in NY *snicker* - damn this makes me want to take one of my extra DTAs and find out what'd happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)