Status
Please reply by conversation.

Seanb61

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 4, 2004
Chicago
Moving? Call customer retention, get free tivo if you don't have one

Called the retention number last night to talk about my upcoming move. Currently only have one HDTV box on the service. Wanted to add a couple SD boxes. Don’t need to buy them as I have been given them from my brother. Asked about what deal they could offer me considering I would be signing a new yr contract. Asked about a second HD box, no deals. Asked about TIVO, said well we can get you a Tivo box for free. That’s right no charge, no shipping, free to me!

Seanb61

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 4, 2004
Chicago
One thing,

Anyone know what the current TIVO model that they are shipping for $99 is?

Thanks

Seanb61

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 4, 2004
Chicago
Elstevo said:
Depends on what the local installer has in stock. You'll likely get some 80hr model, i got the SIR-S4080 2 weeks ago.

ok I am in chicago anyone in chicago get tivo lately? what model?

mhking

Chief cook & bottlewasher
Supporting Founder
Mar 9, 2004
Atlanta
I got an 80-hour R10 in Atlanta about three weeks ago (although I DID have to pay $14.95)...

Seanb61

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 4, 2004
Chicago
mhking said:
I got an 80-hour R10 in Atlanta about three weeks ago (although I DID have to pay $14.95)...

Cool thanks!

Retention waved all charges not sure why. I am moving soon, adding the Tivo and another box that i didn't buy i was given from my brother. They are doing everything for free. The only thing that i wonder about is installing the second line for tivo, the original line is through a outside wall not sure i want another hole in my new house. and fishing my third line to a room that is not already hooked up. I am sure they'll want to charge me for the fishing.

meStevo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 20, 2004
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Seanb61 said:
Cool thanks!

Retention waved all charges not sure why. I am moving soon, adding the Tivo and another box that i didn't buy i was given from my brother. They are doing everything for free. The only thing that i wonder about is installing the second line for tivo, the original line is through a outside wall not sure i want another hole in my new house. and fishing my third line to a room that is not already hooked up. I am sure they'll want to charge me for the fishing.
Fishing is not included in a standard installation, if you want that done I'd suggest running the cable before he gets there, or you'll be charged extra at the installer level, not the account level.

Seanb61

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 4, 2004
Chicago
boba said:
You will probably have to pay $20 for a new card for the box you got from your brother.

Nope, they sent it Fedex for free. I was surprised on that one but before i got off the phone i asked to be sure. I said lets just make this clear there is no charge for any of this? they said yup you are correct, no charge. Any idea what an installer would charge for line fishing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts