Moving charges/DVI new box

justinposs

Original poster
May 5, 2004
I was informed that I would be charged a moving fee of $125 to have my dish and off air antenna installed at a new house. I tried to argue it down, but to no avail. However since I had to have another STB installed at the new house, they did say they would waive the fee for that ($150), so I couldn't really complain much. However, after my first appointment was missed, and I raised a minor stink, after the installer showed up two days later, the work order showed a balance owed of $0! So, I essentially got my move and an additional sSTB installed for free, plus a free month (Regular package) for free. Not too bad.

Also, I received a STB with the new software installed. I havent had a chance to play around with it yet since it was installed today, but I did get to see the new installer menus, and they were pretty nice. This box also handles my DVI connection differently on my Toshiba than my previous box did. Before, with the STB connected to DVI, I could still change the "pic size" setting on my TV. Now when I choose pic size, the TV flashes an "option not available" on the screen. Does anyone know what the difference would be?

Thanks

Justin

justinposs said:
Now when I choose pic size, the TV flashes an "option not available" on the screen. Does anyone know what the difference would be?
To clarify are you using the same exact DVI cable or a different one? DVI comes in a couple of flavors so that's why I ask. Sounds like you are connecting up the new STB to the Tosh? If you still have the old STB that allowed you choose pic size try connecting that one up to it and see if the difference is in the STB - this would also help to rule out a potential cable issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)