Moving - Confused

crmartin

Original poster
May 28, 2007
I am moving in a couple of weeks and I signed up for a package with Windstream which includes Dish 250. We currently have a 522 DVR and at our new place we will have to HD TVs. I like being able to record 2 programs at one time and am not interested in watching TV on my computer etc. When I signed up at Windstream (they have not called me yet) it did not ask what my needs are. I hope to have it setup prior to moving so I will continue using my current DVR at my current address. Can some one advise me as to what to get? Thanks so much.

Will you have any SD sets as well? If so, you would probably want a 722K, then a 612 for the second one IF you want to record two Sat channels at a time. The 612 receiver fee is $10.00 vs 17.00 for the 722K. The first 722K fee is built in, as you probably know. Word of warning. More often than not, bundling with a Telco might prevent you from taking advantage of Dish promos. You might want to check with Dish about their arrangement with Windstream.

For the most part, bundled customers can participate in the same promotions as direct customers. ATT Revenue Share customers are typically the exception that does not qualify for a certain promotion.

crmartin - if you send your phone number or account number in a PM, I can get you any details about moving and upgrading equipment

Yes the 722 can record 2 HD shows at a time, but without an OTA, you'll have to watch the shows, or a previously recorded event (similar to your 522).

crmartin said:
What are Dish promos? Can the 722 record two HD programs at the same time?

Yes the 722 can record 2 HD programs at the same time. It can also record OTA HD. The 722 has a single OTA tuner built in. The 722k requires a OTA tuner module that will record 2 OTA HD programs at a time for a total of 4 programs recorded at once. You can reauo on this on dish's site then if u have more questions come back here.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts