Moving D* service. . .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BSWalker

Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
I'll be moving about a month from now and want to move my service. I'd do the install myself except where I'm moving the dish will have to be on the roof and I hate heights.

I have two questions:

How soon do I need to schedule the moving service with D*?

Currently I have a Triple LNB/Oval dish to get HD. I know the commercials say leave the dish (I can't, apt. complex), so will D* use my dish or give me a new triple/oval?

Anyone with experience with the move package please let me know how it went.

Thanks for any input.

Brian

My mom moved her D account about a month ago.

She had one first generation receiver and an 18" dish.

She called about a week in advance. D upgraded her to the triple/oval, tivo, and 2 new receivers plus install for $0.

She was able to pick the date for the install.

I have never had D* installed or moved by D*, I do it myself. But of those I know that have used it, everything went according to plan. Your best best is to contact D8 directly and see what the schedule looks likes.

When I took the $99 DVR offer, I called on Thursday NIGHT and had the installer there on Saturday. Not too shabby!

I just moved and could not believe how easy it was to deal with D*. I called on a Monday and they gave me my choice of any day that week for the install. I had only one tv with a standard receiver at my old apartment. At the new place they installed a new triple LNB dish, wired two rooms and got me all set up for FREE. I also got them to upgrade one room to an HD receiver (I got the Samsung 360) for $199 ($349 less $150 credit). All I had to do was ask.

Status
Please reply by conversation.