Moving dish from 119 to 129

hidef2

Original poster
Apr 13, 2006
If i just swing my dish (now pointed at 119) to 129, will I get the same channels only in HD? Is there a trick to repositioning the dish?

If you only get 129 you may not get all the channels without 110. You certainly get many more than with 119 however. If your locals are on 129 that will get you the most if you only can get one satellite.

It appears to me 119 for many may no longer really be needed?

Last edited:
The best scenario is to put up a western arc dish that looks at 110, 119, and 129. That way when Dish decides to move programming around on any of these satellites, you lose nothing....

The best scenario is to put up a western arc dish that looks at 110, 119, and 129. That way when Dish decides to move programming around on any of these satellites, you lose nothing....

I probably should have just suggested that. :)

He will get a good chunk of programming and in HD with 129. But we know things change.

It might also be a good idea to find out where he is located and what equipment he actually has. Looking at older posts the few he has the equipment is confusing.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have a 211 HD receiver and and HD TV.

Last edited:
hidet2, if you are, or are planning to use an EHD to turn the 211 into a DVR, you must see 119 for the 9 day programming guide. If not, you need 110 for the 48 hr guide. As said above, get the Western Arc Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts