Moving Dish With Traxis 3500 Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

farb

Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
Unless I am missing soimething the only way to move from satellite to satellite is 1 by 1 in order. There does not seem a direct way to go from one end of the sky to another non stop. Am I right? Is this the way all receivers work?

Thanks

Menu (Then left or right to Installation)

Antenna Setup

Hit OK on Satellite

Then there is a drop down list of all the satellites on your list, push up and down until you get to the satellite you want :)

I am REALLY enjoying my Traxis DBS 3500!

You can also just hit LIST then left or right until you get to the satellite of your choice !

Last edited:
When you use list and then left right it sends the dish to every satellite you pass in the screen.

Not if you hit EXIT, then move to the next satellite.

Use the first method and you can index through all the satellites and the dish/motor will not move until you select the one you want and hit OK :)

One thing that bothers me about the Pansat receivers is that they will instantly move the motor to a satellite when you stop on it in the installation menu. It'd be nice to have a button to hit before the dish would move to any given satellite in the installation menus.

Tron
Have receivers that when you go to delete chanenls, the dish moves to the satellite. So if you are deleting 15 feeds that were on 4 different satellites the motor keeps moving

With the Pansat, at least there's a momentary delay. So it doesn't keep swinging the motor back and fourth if you're just quickly going through channels. One of these days I'm going to do a blind scan up on the roof. I want to see if the Pansat waits until the dish is in position before starting the scan...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)