Moving DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Gentlemen of the forum quick question? my step mother passed and we are cleaning out the house. She live two miles from us and has Directv my wife wants to have tv in the house. If i cancel her Directv service can we take one of our DVR over there.

Gentlemen of the forum quick question? my step mother passed and we are cleaning out the house. She live two miles from us and has Directv my wife wants to have tv in the house. If i cancel her Directv service can we take one of our DVR over there.
Your turning off service at that house and you want to bring YOUR already working recvr over to watch while there ?

If the dish is the same as what your using now, Yes, you can.

What recvr are you turning off and what are you taking over there ?
What dishes are you using ?

If you terminate service in her name, they will either want the receiver back or have you junk it. There are some great deals available to new clients. And, you would likely get a receiver upgrade over what she had. Using her name and changing it to your address would violate the terms of the contract.

If you terminate service in her name, they will either want the receiver back or have you junk it. There are some great deals available to new clients. And, you would likely get a receiver upgrade over what she had. Using her name and changing it to your address would violate the terms of the contract.
Thats not how I read he was doing it.

I took it as he's turning her service off and he already has service at his place and want to use a recvr at that location for a bit while he's there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)