"Moving"...for a week?

Andrewwski

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
The basic scoop:

MSG, our local RSN, is not covering the 4 Buffalo Sabres games next week. Nor is any national network. The games are radio-only in Buffalo.

One game is actually on NHL Network, but they've said it will be blacked out regardless of whether or not it has local TV coverage any way.

On top of all that, the Center Ice feeds will be blacked out too, even though there's no other way to watch the games!

Well, my friend has CI and Dish. If he were to "move" to a non-blackout city, he'd get the game. However, this is not desired permanently. Pretty much he'd want to "move" for that week, then "move" back to his actual address.

Would this raise any red flags? It will be a one-time occurrence, not something he'll be repeating. What about that new "vacation home" system? If he set his account to that (using someone's address out of state), would that work?

Tell him to put it in his RV and go to a campground in an area that gets the game, call and have his locals changed to the campground address, after the game come home and change the locals back.;)

Tell him to do it. Suggest he do it on line, to avoid getting a CSR thats not too bright. I've done several times, no problem.

Tell him to put it in his RV and go to a campground in an area that gets the game, call and have his locals changed to the campground address, after the game come home and change the locals back.;)

That'd work...if he had an RV.

He could pretend to be in an RV though.

Thanks for the advice, I'll tell him to try it.

I "moved" to Cleveland on Dec 23 and moved back on Jan 5. I used the chat and for the move back I blamed my son for hacking my Dish account. I do not know how many times you could use that excuse, though.

I "moved" to Cleveland on Dec 23 and moved back on Jan 5. I used the chat and for the move back I blamed my son for hacking my Dish account. I do not know how many times you could use that excuse, though.

Just don't give a reason.

I wouldn't.

But it's a moot point now because MSG decided to pick up the home team feeds anyway.

I moved twice in a day in order to get a technician over to the right address last year. It did feel a bit sketchy, although I don't think upon requesting to "clarify" my address after the work was done that [strike]Muralidhar[/strike] "John" was wise to me...

(That or he just didn't care.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts