"Moving" from Springfield MO

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mattzane227

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 25, 2004
I've just stumbled across some threads about "moving" and was wondering my best option. I'm in Springfield MO which was promised hd locals a long time ago and now it seems like it's not gonna happen soon. So i have 129 so would my best option be Kansas City? And if so, would I still get FSN Midwest for the Cardinals? I don't want to only get the Royals and no Cardinals. Thanks for the help.

EDIT did the online dish chat and got it all done in like 5 minutes. sweeeeet.

Last edited:
If you're on Kansas City locals, you will get only the Royals and NOT the Cardinals (they show up in the guide, but the program is listed as not available in your area).

ah crap. So I am basically out of luck if i want hd locals via dish and the cards. The St. Louis HD locals aren't on 129 so that won't work.

I already "moved" to KC so i'll just watch me some royals until Joplin gets their HD locals. Then I think i'll get both Royals and Cardinals again like Springfield does.

I just tried this and was told it was not allowed... I'm getting so tired of Dish's BS

You need to do more research by reading the thousands of threads available here - of course it isn't "allowed"............................. you're so quick to complain about dish..........

MLBBLACKOUT.jpg (image)

That link should hopefully take you to a map of blackout areas for Major League Baseball. As you can tell, there are many areas where you can get more than one team and, if you just play around with the DISH Network website, you may find an area that qualifies for the Kansas City locals but gets both the Cardinals and the Royals.

Cade

You need to do more research by reading the thousands of threads available here - of course it isn't "allowed"............................. you're so quick to complain about dish..........

This is my first time to complain about them on here or anywhere... I've led many of my family and friends to Dish.... but after this last year or so... they've been going down hill, espcially thier customer service, I even went to tech support on this as was mentioned on another thread. All the reps know what's going on, but it's BS that as a customer you have to go through hoops and lie to get what you are paying for.

And I agree with a previous poster, no offence to those that live in Joplin, but why are they getting thier locals in HD before Springfield??

Thanks for the help fhsucade, i'll see if I can't find "the sweet spot".

EDIT: You can't really tell by putting an address into the eligibility dish page if you'll get just the Royals or Royals and Cardinals b/c no matter what city you put it just says that you get fsn midwest. It never says FSN Kansas City. But I think I may have found one that looks like its in the "both zone" and still gets the KC locals. Marshall, MO looks like it might work. Does it look good to anyone else?
I was also looking at the little area in Kansas that gets Cards & Royals. Mound City, KS looks like it's close to the "both zone" and it gets KC locals and gets FSN MW, FSN rocky mountain, and ALTITUDE. That would be cool but it may be just outside the zone and just get the royals on fsn mw. What would you guys do?

MLBBLACKOUT.jpg

map-of-missouri-cities.gif

map-of-kansas-cities.gif

Last edited:
You need to pick something that's not in the KC DMA (link: TRUCKADS® | Kansas City DMA | Truckside Advertising ~ Mobile Billboards ~ Fleet Graphics | CALL 1 800 TRUCK ADS®)

Saline County (Marshall) is in Kansas City's DMA, so they only get the Royals. Columbia/Jeff City is on the list of new markets for HD locals, and it looks like they would work--in the event that they eventually get the locals. I have a feeling, though, that they won't offer all four major networks at the beginning, but that's just a hunch

I also can't believe Dish doesn't offer HD LILs in Springfield when it's one of the bigger markets in Missouri.

Columbia/Jefferson City HD's have all been put on hold as punishment for Barington Broadcastings KRCG-CBS failure to reach an agreement with DISH. DISH has upgraded the uplink facilities but will not launch HD in that market because of KRCG.

Thanks for the help fhsucade, i'll see if I can't find "the sweet spot".

EDIT: You can't really tell by putting an address into the eligibility dish page if you'll get just the Royals or Royals and Cardinals b/c no matter what city you put it just says that you get fsn midwest. It never says FSN Kansas City. But I think I may have found one that looks like its in the "both zone" and still gets the KC locals. Marshall, MO looks like it might work. Does it look good to anyone else?
I was also looking at the little area in Kansas that gets Cards & Royals. Mound City, KS looks like it's close to the "both zone" and it gets KC locals and gets FSN MW, FSN rocky mountain, and ALTITUDE. That would be cool but it may be just outside the zone and just get the royals on fsn mw. What would you guys do?

MLBBLACKOUT.jpg

map-of-missouri-cities.gif

map-of-kansas-cities.gif

The DISH Network website will not tell you what teams you can view in an area. If I was curious about baseball, I would check out the MLB.TV website and place the zip code for a community in the area where you can inquire about blackouts. You'll get a pop up screen that will tell you what teams are available in the area. (It's actually what teams would be blacked out on MLB.TV to the area, but it can be used for the teams you would get on DISH). About FSN Midwest: I have a relative in southern Iowa that can receive six MLB teams. The Royals are always on one of the alternate sports networks and, from what they have said, the Cardinals are always on FSN Midwest. It's just that DISH is showing the game (from an alternate FSN feed) on one of the alternate networks. If you can find a place that will get both teams, you'll have the option to watch either game.

You need to pick something that's not in the KC DMA (link: TRUCKADS® | Kansas City DMA | Truckside Advertising ~ Mobile Billboards ~ Fleet Graphics | CALL 1 800 TRUCK ADS®)

Saline County (Marshall) is in Kansas City's DMA, so they only get the Royals. Columbia/Jeff City is on the list of new markets for HD locals, and it looks like they would work--in the event that they eventually get the locals. I have a feeling, though, that they won't offer all four major networks at the beginning, but that's just a hunch

I just put the Marshall, MO zip code 65340 into the mlb.tv blackout thing and it said that the cardinals and royals would be blacked out so it looks like it might work.

Edit..... After like 3 hours of searching I think I found a city in illinois that gets the chicago locals and the cubs, white sox, and cards. Plus i'll get the CW in HD too. Grand Ridge Illinois. Thanks for that MLB.TV site, that was really helpful.
One more thing. If i'm getting Chicago locals and i'm still supposed to get the cardinals, do I have to subscribe to the multisport package to get fsn midwest and the cards or will they just be shown on an alt channel?

2nd edit - Update. I just did the chat to try move to my new place and instead of asking my name & phone # for verification i got asked my physical address, exact amount of last bill, and last ppv event ordered. So I did all that then she was like, "so i see you've changed your physical address in the last 5 days". So I quit the chat. This sucks.

Last edited:
I just put the Marshall, MO zip code 65340 into the mlb.tv blackout thing and it said that the cardinals and royals would be blacked out so it looks like it might work.

Edit..... After like 3 hours of searching I think I found a city in illinois that gets the chicago locals and the cubs, white sox, and cards. Plus i'll get the CW in HD too. Grand Ridge Illinois. Thanks for that MLB.TV site, that was really helpful.
One more thing. If i'm getting Chicago locals and i'm still supposed to get the cardinals, do I have to subscribe to the multisport package to get fsn midwest and the cards or will they just be shown on an alt channel?

2nd edit - Update. I just did the chat to try move to my new place and instead of asking my name & phone # for verification i got asked my physical address, exact amount of last bill, and last ppv event ordered. So I did all that then she was like, "so i see you've changed your physical address in the last 5 days". So I quit the chat. This sucks.

First, I'm not really sure about the Multi-Sport package and if you'd need that to see the Cardinals. My guess is that they would appear on one of the alternate networks. I'm in the territory for the Braves, Orioles, Nationals, and Reds. (If I don't have Multi-Sport, I'll only get FSN South, SportSouth, and MASN). However, that never kept me from watching the Reds as, from what I could tell, they were always on one of the alternate channels and, because I have never really gotten STRONGLY behind one team, I channel surf a lot. I do have the Multi-Sport package (for Big Ten Network) now but I still see the Reds on one of the alternate channels and, whenever I try to view it, it's always the same broadcast that is on FSN Cincinnati.

I can't really tell you what to do about moving again. Maybe one of the other guys will chip in with some advice but I can remember hearing of one guy that moved three times in a night because he was tracking one of the hurricanes shortly after Katrina. But, for all DISH Network knows, you may be transferred to another job location, etc. I'm thinking about moving to either Iowa, Southern Alabama, or somewhere around the San Francisco area myself (now that I am continuing to hear of people keeping their locals with a move). I also have the distant networks. Of course, the HD locals that you are in search of mean nothing to me (as I'm still SD and the most sophisticated entertainment system in my house would probably be my PS3). :D

Good luck and let me know how it goes...

Cade

I must have just got a csr with a bug in her arse b/c I tryed the chat again the next day and it was no problem. Everybody at this site is really helpful. And I do get the cardinals so I'm real happy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)