Moving H21-200 recvr. from camp to home

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joga

Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
ne vt
At my summer camp I have dtv set up with 5lnb dish with 2 h21-200 rcvrs and would like to take 1 rcvr. to our home in FL.
FL home has cable only and I would like to have dtv dish installed.
Any ideas on how to do this ? I would like to keep the programming that I now have .(NFL TICKET)etc.I would be more than willing to pay to have the dish and rcvr. hooked up.My zip in FL is 34429.
Thanks

It's been a while since I looked into this but I believe this is how it works...

You can only move non leased receivers between service residence & vacation home if setting this up through D*. To do what you want, if you call D* you will have to set up a 2nd account with its own programming and costs. You can then suspend programming on whichever acct you are not at if you don't want to pay full double bills. Of course there are some restrictions to that though.

If the other home already had a dish and was wired up, then you could bring your receiver there and hook it up without paying double bills, but that is against your TOS with D* and is considered fraud.

If you want to call to find out for sure, tell them you are wanting to set up a vacation home and they will get you to the right department.

It's been a while since I looked into this but I believe this is how it works...

You can only move non leased receivers between service residence & vacation home if setting this up through D*. To do what you want, if you call D* you will have to set up a 2nd account with its own programming and costs. You can then suspend programming on whichever acct you are not at if you don't want to pay full double bills. Of course there are some restrictions to that though.

If the other home already had a dish and was wired up, then you could bring your receiver there and hook it up without paying double bills, but that is against your TOS with D* and is considered fraud.

If you want to call to find out for sure, tell them you are wanting to set up a vacation home and they will get you to the right department.

That rule has since changed.

Well that makes things a heckuva lot easier on the agents now. The rules from last year and before were so convoluted that it was ridiculous.

I've never heard of any weird rule about it being OK to only move non-leased receivers.

If you have service set-up at home and a dish at the vacation home you could always and still can move any leased or non-leased receivers back and forth all you want to. They don't know or care whether the boxes are leased or not. The leased ones don't have a GPS chip and a self destruct circuit that blows the box up if it's moved xx feet off the property.

I've never heard of any weird rule about it being OK to only move non-leased receivers.

If you have service set-up at home and a dish at the vacation home you could always and still can move any leased or non-leased receivers back and forth all you want to. They don't know or care whether the boxes are leased or not. The leased ones don't have a GPS chip and a self destruct circuit that blows the box up if it's moved xx feet off the property.

Who said anything about leased vs non leased ?

Just a follow-up,I talked to D* and they said it can't be done. I would have to set up a new account? Seems strange.
I will bring my rcvr. with me and find someone to do a self install for me.

Just a follow-up,I talked to D* and they said it can't be done. I would have to set up a new account? Seems strange.
I will bring my rcvr. with me and find someone to do a self install for me.

Buy a dish from a local dealer or a dealer on the internet and have a friend help you put it up. It'll work fine despite what the DIRECTV CSR said.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts