Moving - Literally - What are my options with Dish?

theoak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Idaho
So, I purchased a new home ... larger ... more yard ... bla bla bla. I need to move my satellite service accordingly. What does Dish offer these days as far as that goes? If I have their $7 per month service plan, does that open up other options? Thanks in advance ...

Dishmovers are free and no longer require a renewed contract in most cases. If you do a Dishmover/Upgrade then you would have to pay the appropriate upgrade fees.

Ask if you have to sign a new contract. Answer should be "no". (unless equipment ugrade)
Be careful what the installer asks you to sign. As in which block he has checked. If it includes a new 2 year contract, just don't sign and have him call DISH.

Nope, first move ever ... about a year back with a service call my 722 got bumped up to a 722K, but that's it. I was worried the move would come with another 2 year contract. If I can do it without another 2 years, that would be awesome. Thanks all of the tips.

I actually just did a DM in conjunction with switching my 722k's to H/J's. Surprising even to me, but I was able to get 1 HWS, 1 Hopper & 2 Joey's all FREE - & I was STILL not even 1 year into an existing 2 year on my FREE 2nd 722k! Also because the CSR I ordered from claimed 3 times I did NOT have to return my leased 211k, I was able to get a new owned 211k f/$30, (refurbed unfortunately) after the installer tried to keep it on my account. (I ALWAYS make very detailed notes w/operator ID#'s for EVERY phone call I make like this - just for these situations!) The installer also installed a DPP44 at no charge, due to having a 211k.
Also got in under the wire for the grandfathered Hopper monthly pricing to boot!

(for the OP) I do NOT & never will have the "protection plan"; complete waste of money & unnecessary, IMHO.
Also got all the current 3 month FREE MAX, Showtime & Starz & Multisports offers as well, which are listed on their movers webpage.

Honestly, I NEVER got upgrades as good as this from D* - & I was with them a LOT longer than w/E*... :eek:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)