Moving - Literally - What are my options with Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

theoak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Idaho
So, I purchased a new home ... larger ... more yard ... bla bla bla. I need to move my satellite service accordingly. What does Dish offer these days as far as that goes? If I have their $7 per month service plan, does that open up other options? Thanks in advance ...

Dishmovers are free and no longer require a renewed contract in most cases. If you do a Dishmover/Upgrade then you would have to pay the appropriate upgrade fees.

Ask if you have to sign a new contract. Answer should be "no". (unless equipment ugrade)
Be careful what the installer asks you to sign. As in which block he has checked. If it includes a new 2 year contract, just don't sign and have him call DISH.

Nope, first move ever ... about a year back with a service call my 722 got bumped up to a 722K, but that's it. I was worried the move would come with another 2 year contract. If I can do it without another 2 years, that would be awesome. Thanks all of the tips.

I actually just did a DM in conjunction with switching my 722k's to H/J's. Surprising even to me, but I was able to get 1 HWS, 1 Hopper & 2 Joey's all FREE - & I was STILL not even 1 year into an existing 2 year on my FREE 2nd 722k! Also because the CSR I ordered from claimed 3 times I did NOT have to return my leased 211k, I was able to get a new owned 211k f/$30, (refurbed unfortunately) after the installer tried to keep it on my account. (I ALWAYS make very detailed notes w/operator ID#'s for EVERY phone call I make like this - just for these situations!) The installer also installed a DPP44 at no charge, due to having a 211k.
Also got in under the wire for the grandfathered Hopper monthly pricing to boot!

(for the OP) I do NOT & never will have the "protection plan"; complete waste of money & unnecessary, IMHO.
Also got all the current 3 month FREE MAX, Showtime & Starz & Multisports offers as well, which are listed on their movers webpage.

Honestly, I NEVER got upgrades as good as this from D* - & I was with them a LOT longer than w/E*... :eek:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)