Moving location/installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sundrop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2010
Missouri
The new duplex I will be moving into, has asked that we have our satelite dish installed on the ground. Using the dish finder, it appears to be a perfect location with a great open view.

The question is, when I move and request installation, is this an option for me? Do they install where they want too?

Standard installation is on a roof/facia board/wall mount. Anything "on the ground" will have to be put on a pole. This will cost you extra (We usually charge 75 to put in a pole mount). A tri-mount is also an option, but again, this is extra. Also, if the duplex roof is flat, or semi-flat, you might opt for a non-pin (Non-penetrating mount that uses cement blocks to hold it down) mount...this will give the satellite stability without drilling holes in the roof. Those are your three options, but they will cost extra no matter what (unless you buy the equipment (pole, tri-mast, non-pin) yourself, and install it yourself, but you need to know what dish is going to be installed and the diameter of the poles to be used.) Be sure when you request your move that you inform the person you speak to that this will be a non-standard installation, because it can't go on the roof/wall. This will prepare the technician and save a lot of frustration between you and a technician. I know, I'm one myself, and I like to have a heads-up at what the install is going to require. Most times this requires a second trip out because a site survey needs to be done first, then submitted. So keep in mind you're probably looking at at least two trips here. So you might actually want to call before the move date and have someone come out to do a site survey, and explain what it's going to take to get the job done. Then schedule the install date from there. Good luck.

As was said in the previous post they can do a pole/ground mount. It will be an extra charge. Make sure to have your yard marked for buried services, or you may have to wait for another apointment to get it done.

Status
Please reply by conversation.