Moving my dish from 119 to 129. signal problem.Please help

garys! Sorry.

Sorry for the confusion. Accidently I deleted it. I'm deeply sorry.I still have that problem !
I have only one sat (119) using dish500. It has one dual legacy lnb. Using SW21. My dvr is VIP 612 which have two tuner. I have no problem with this sat. Recently I'm trying to move my dish towards 129. Having trouble doing that.Every trying I hit either 110 or 119 or 148. Where is 129 ? Am I doing some thing wrong or wrong hardware ????

Sorry for the confusion. Accidently I deleted it. I'm deeply sorry.I still have that problem !
I have only one sat (119) using dish500. It has one dual legacy lnb. Using SW21. My dvr is VIP 612 which have two tuner. I have no problem with this sat. Recently I'm trying to move my dish towards 129. Having trouble doing that.Every trying I hit either 110 or 119 or 148. Where is 129 ? Am I doing some thing wrong or wrong hardware ????
dont use sw21 also someone corect me if im wrong plese but a reg 119 lnb will not work to get 129.. Better off upgrading dish

I highly recommend using a Dish 1000.2 in your area.

If you have a burning desire to do things the hard way, you need to set your elevation down just a tad (.2 degrees) and spin clockwise until you see 129W. As always, make sure your mast is plumb.

Thanks everyone

Thanks gary i also did research i think you right thanks
I won't giveup I will keep working on this issue. I will be back with more progress later on.
j8...Dishnetwork is running after money like every middle class faimly. They need money for each and every step. Doesn't matter what kind of step is that.
They keep changing the way we are getting tv today to collect more and more money. It is highly likely that 129 is different than all sats. So that the all specially old customers throw away old hardware and buy new ones. So called "UPGRADE"

I won't giveup I will keep working on this issue. I will be back with more progress later on.
j8...Dishnetwork is running after money like every middle class faimly. They need money for each and every step. Doesn't matter what kind of step is that.
They keep changing the way we are getting tv today to collect more and more money. It is highly likely that 129 is different than all sats. So that the all specially old customers throw away old hardware and buy new ones. So called "UPGRADE"
hi mr x well i agree, but to be honest , the legacy is quiet old , and with using only 1 you maybe missing alot, it may pay to upgrade in your case getting all 3 sats for instance and with that new reciver i think you would be much happer but its your decion..

While doing bit resch i read it is possible to do what your doing, but hooked to 1 tuner with a legacy. reciver will work but not proper, you be missing features possible chanels if you need or pay for chanels on 110 / 119.. read its hard set up cause tunner looks for 2 feeds

osu1991 and j8.. yes I will set skew at 90.
j8... One question still bothering me WHY I have no problem with 119 but 129 ?? Again why just one tuner whats the big deal with both tuner ??
I won't have peace untill I know the facts.

I assume if you are using a legacy dual, that you are connecting both outputs to the 2 tuner inputs. It is a dual tuner receiver and needs both tuners active or it can cause problems. You should really up grade to a Dish 1000.2. Most of the national HD is on 129, but there is also a lot of HD on 110 too. You will be missing out on the HD versions of ESPN,TNT, SCIFI, USA and some others without having 110 in addition to 129.

I assume if you are using a legacy dual, that you are connecting both outputs to the 2 tuner inputs. It is a dual tuner receiver and needs both tuners active or it can cause problems. You should really up grade to a Dish 1000.2. Most of the national HD is on 129, but there is also a lot of HD on 110 too. You will be missing out on the HD versions of ESPN,TNT, SCIFI, USA and some others without having 110 in addition to 129.
thank you osu

osu1991 and j8.. yes I will set skew at 90.
j8... One question still bothering me WHY I have no problem with 119 but 129 ?? Again why just one tuner whats the big deal with both tuner ??
I won't have peace untill I know the facts.
well 1st off if your using a singel legacy lnb , that sw 21 get rid of it.. Which leeds me to this.. what does it look like is it singel ? Does it have 2 lnbs or eyes as most new peepol call them ? The dish your using does it say 500 or 300 ?? The newer recivers which a 612 is and its a 2 tuner dvr requires 2 feeds, if u insites not upgrading it wont work like it should .. also may depened on where u are at were i live i cant get 129 i need 61.5 here

oops sorry mr x i mis read your post u have duel legacey sorry well then , use only 1 lnb off the dish u wont get no more than 1 satalite if u want 129 off this set up and thats if u can get the 129.. dont use the sw21 switch.. again with this reciver you should have 2 feeds wont work like it should.. Hes right
Originally Posted by osu1991

if this helps with what u have 110 119 should work fine also another sugestion, im gussing this reciver u recently got, if you still have the older revier if you had one before this reciver it be propaly easer to use when moving dish for signal

j8.... If i use my old basic rec to point at dish 129. It is even easier to point at 129. BUT that rec sees ONLY two tps from it.32 and 21. All other tps show RED BAR. It could be cuz this sat has only HD CHANNELS. SECONDLY I have to use SW21 to feed both tuners. Presently this combination works fine and great with sat 119. With same setting all I want is a different sat (129)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)