Moving my dish to new home

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dgordo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
Chicago
I am going to be moving within the next month. I currently have a 3 lnb dish. The home that I am moving into is about 3 blocks from where I live now. The people that live there now have the same dish as me. They are going to take the dish with them, but they are leaving the pole that it is mounted on for me. Since I am only moving a short distance, should I be able to leave the skew, tilt, etc as is and place the dish on the pole and just turn it until I find all satellites? This may be a stupid question but does the fact that the dish is going to be mounted at a higher point then it is now make any difference?

Just for the info:
D*'s Mover program will bring you a new dish when they come to run everything...
All you need to do is take the receivers, they do this so that the new people that move in to your old place, will be more than likely to plug in theirs, or sign up as a new subscriber.

If you take your dish, you will still peak it out the same...

Enjoy!

Thanks but I want to do this myself for several reasons. So when you say i need to peak it out the same, what exactly does that mean?

johninillinois said:
i am thinking they only charge like 25.00 to move it so why are u going to do it.

1) $25
2) Time waiting for them to come out
3) 1 Year Commitment.

That's enough for me to want to spend the 10 minutes and do it myself.

caeyathompson said:
1) $25
2) Time waiting for them to come out
3) 1 Year Commitment.

That's enough for me to want to spend the 10 minutes and do it myself.

Those reasons, plus all the wiring is set up and I want to do this myself because I want to learn how to do it. It should be easy enough with all the settings on my dish already set. If I can't do it I can just call D* to have them do it.

Why don't you ask the people at the place currently to leave the dish installed and give them yours - avoid all work....

I asked them to do that. For some reason that I can not understand they don't want to do that. :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)