Moving my receivers around? Hopper and what equipment?

wireless junkie

Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
US
Hey everyone, I know this may not be technically allowed so please excuse me if it isn't. But I travel back and forth for work and have an apartment I am at most of the week and then back at my home the rest of the week. I have DISH with 2 hopper's and 1 hopper only feeds 1 TV, and the other feeds 2 other TV's. I want to bring the receiver feeding 1 TV with me to use while I am at the apartment, we can have tripod's or temp. mounting on our balconies. What do I need to buy to make this work out like switches and as far as a dish and pointing it? Thanks

call and set up a dish mover appointment. Let a tech come out and do the necessary work and just bring the 1 hopper with you. He'll appreciate doing a 1 room when the w/o calls for 4.

You may run into a problem with your local channels if you're apartment is in a different market. Not much you can do about that.

Having the account active at 2 locations at the same time is "ACCOUNT STACKING" and if discovered could end up with termination of your account. Satellite Guys does work with DIRT so go ahead and post your intentions to cheat on the system.

If you call DISH and turn off the receivers at home while you are at the apt for 5 days then when you go home you turn off the apartment or bring that receiver back with you will probably be in DISH's terms of service.

Having the account active at 2 locations at the same time is "ACCOUNT STACKING" and if discovered could end up with termination of your account. Satellite Guys does work with DIRT so go ahead and post your intentions to cheat on the system.

If you call DISH and turn off the receivers at home while you are at the apt for 5 days then when you go home you turn off the apartment or bring that receiver back with you will probably be in DISH's terms of service.
Well seeing as nobody will be USING the other receivers, I would hardly call myself DIRT for what I am wanting to do... It's just not justifiable for me to have 2 services running when me and my fiancee are going to be going back and forth between these two places very often and the other place will have 0 usage in that time period, thats the reason I was wondering if I could convert my system into a portable satellite system like campers have or something.

You would need to explain it as such to see if Dish will allow you to do this, they would expect you to take all your receivers, not just the one. Also, previous poster was not calling you DIRT, the reference is for Dish Internet Response Team (DIRT), they monitor sites like this to help posters here with their problems.

You would need to explain it as such to see if Dish will allow you to do this, they would expect you to take all your receivers, not just the one. Also, previous poster was not calling you DIRT, the reference is for Dish Internet Response Team (DIRT), they monitor sites like this to help posters here with their problems.
Thank you Gary for explaining DIRT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)