Moving on?

spacenerd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
Wapakoneta, Ohio
Now that I can no longer watch the Reds or STO. I am seriously thinking about moving on from Dish.
My question is what do I do with a Hopper full of movies and programs?
How do I view those under a different format?
Can I buy a Hopper on Ebay and then use that to view my content off of my external drive?
John

Now that I can no longer watch the Reds or STO. I am seriously thinking about moving on from Dish.
Can I buy a Hopper on Ebay and then use that to view my content off of my external drive?
John
Nope, once you disconnect the account the movies and programs are gone. Even if you reestablish that account the movies are gone.

Get the lowest package possible and keep account active. Or transfer programs to another format using a capture device and computer.

Reactions: TheKrell
Nope, once you disconnect the account the movies and programs are gone. Even if you reestablish that account the movies are gone.
The movies are encrypted on the hard drive, each encryption key is generated when an account is established, unique to the account and probably stored on the drive. I suspect when your account is de-activated a signal is sent to your Hopper3 to delete the key. The Hopper3 requires a periodic signal from Dish to allow use of the key it you happen to disconnect the Hopper before cancelling. At least that is how I would implement it.

Reactions: TheKrell
John
Jeez, why don't people wait to see what's going to happen? The RSN's have been down 2 days and there's a general panic!! It's not like they don't play 160+ games, for crying out loud

Jeez, why don't people wait to see what's going to happen? The RSN's have been down 2 days and there's a general panic!! It's not like they don't play 160+ games, for crying out loud
Most that do this have already made up there mind to jump ship for whatever reason. They look for any little thing like this to justify it.

People did wait and see what happened, we lost our local sports teams. My concern is not with "160 games" its the games I have already missed and the games I will miss.

People did wait and see what happened, we lost our local sports teams. My concern is not with "160 games" its the games I have already missed and the games I will miss.
It's been TWO days, Two! How many games did you miss, you say?

Most that do this have already made up there mind to jump ship for whatever reason. They look for any little thing like this to justify it.
RIDICULOUS. Customers checking ths forum have not "made up there mind to jump ship" to us this is not a little thing.

RIDICULOUS. Customers checking ths forum have not "made up there mind to jump ship" to us this is not a little thing.
Sorry that you are reading too deep into my post. I didn't mean losing the RSN's, was little. ;)

Whatever service you are going to, what if the same thing happens there? No service are protected from Blackouts. Until the gov steps in to keep those channels alive which contract disputes are being worked out, the issue will continue.
By the way, do you have access to high speed streaming? If you do, you might find them available online. I am not sure which streaming services have the RSN's, but probably someone does.

His question was answered rather nicely don't you think ?

Agree with you. We just had a BBQ today in Ct. and a couple said they dropped DISH because of no WFSB. (CBS) They are going to just streaming from Charter. You don't decide that after a few days of no CBS that kind of change was waiting to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)