moving problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bigorangekitty

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
i moved about 8 months ago... no dish installer nearby...i've been working a lot, and occasionally when i have free time, i searched for any installers. none where i moved.

so i thought i'd do it myself. here's
a) my equipment
b) problem

a) i have a 501, and a 921.
dish 500, dp lnbs, with 2 out puts, one for 119, and one for 110.
another, dp lnb, two outuputs, one i use for 61.5.
a dpp44 switch
a dp34 switch (not going to be used)

b) ok...501 works fine, sees everything from dpp44, which would be a signal from 119, 110, and 61.5. upgraded my 8 month old firmware no problem.

921 on the other hand, everytime i do a switch test, it reboots. so i tried switching it out with the dp34, and do a switch test, and it reboots. so i ran two lines directly from the other dish 500 i use for 61.5, and it goes through 2 of 2 tests, then a white screen with an X appears, and it reboots.

any help? please?

Last edited:
Sounds like something may be wrong with the 921. Can you take the 921 and a TV outside and connect it directly to the Dish 500 that is looking at 110 and 119. Try a check switch from there to see if you can get it to work.

ok...have it running to a dual dp lnb, straight to grounding block, then to receiver... when i do a switch test, it's still reboots.

Yep, sounds like something happened to the 921 during the move. Time to call Dish and add the equipment protection plan (if you dn't already have it) so you can get a new box. Or it may be a good time to upgrade to a brand new 622 and send that 921 back for a credit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)