Moving qualifies for free whole home dvr upgrade-$500 value

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwgreen68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Hiding in your attic
I received that message on my tv today. Called and I cant have it unless I move. Ive heard some stupid things from Directv, but that takes the cake. I understand the new customer offers and why existing customers cant have those. New customers = more money. Directv isnt getting a new customer, just giving free stuff to an existing customer. So why does that exising customer have to move to get it? It makes no sense at all.

jwgreen68 said:
I received that message on my tv today. Called and I cant have it unless I move. Ive heard some stupid things from Directv, but that takes the cake. I understand the new customer offers and why existing customers cant have those. New customers = more money. Directv isnt getting a new customer, just giving free stuff to an existing customer. So why does that exising customer have to move to get it? It makes no sense at all.

Because they are wanting everything in SWM for 1 and 2 that locks then in to another 2 year contract so actually they're making their money back and some. However, I completely agree that it's bogus you have to move to get a free MRV upgrade

I already have SWM.Just didnt get the MRV when we signed up 14 months ago because we didnt know about it and Directv didnt offer it to us. We have 1 hddvr and 3 sd receivers.

All you need is another HD or HDDVR then. Call about upgrading. If you've stayed on your bill then you should get some form of credit if you're 14 months in to your contract

I was offered this Whole Home DVR deal when I called in week before last even though I am not moving. I did the "cancel" thing when prompted. I am out of contract as of early Feb. But I was also wanting a discount on the MLB EI package but they would not offer a discount. So I asked them to note the offer and I would think it over and call back, still hoping for a EI discount. Well, I called back last week and they no longer offered the deal to me, and still no EI discount. They would only do the WHDVR setup for $98,which would mean I would need to add 2 HD receivers to my setup. So I guess I missed my shot at this deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts