"Moving" question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

grosek

Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
so I "moved" today to catch a blacked-out football game for tomorrow...I changed the zip code in the setup and the new local channels are showing in the guide, but no local channels. I'm only receiving an error message stating "Searching for signal on Satellite In 2...(771). What step am I missing?

so I "moved" today to catch a blacked-out football game for tomorrow...I changed the zip code in the setup and the new local channels are showing in the guide, but no local channels. I'm only receiving an error message stating "Searching for signal on Satellite In 2...(771). What step am I missing?

You have to call Directv and give them an actual physical address to "move" to. Changing in the setup won't do it. There is more to it. Do a search here to learn more.

Did you call Direct TV and give them your "new" address? Are you within the spot beam of your "new" address?

Status
Please reply by conversation.