Moving Questions

h2oski

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
I am considering moving from the Madison, WI area to the Tomahawk, WI area and was going to take my dish equipment which I own with me and reinstall it there. I currently have two dishes on my roof pointed at three satellites, 119, 110 and 61.5. If I reinstall this equipment would I be able to aim them at the same satellites and get the same channels that I have now? I have basically every channel that is available now, locals, movie, HD package. If not what satellites would I have to aim at?

I don't want to do the relocation thing through dish as I don't want to get into a contract.

Thanks

h2oski

You'll be able to get the same sats up north in Tomahawk. But, if you subscribe to HD programming, only getting 110, 119 and 61.5, your missing out on some HD channels that are only on 129 and 72.7. Dish is moving most national HD channels off 61.5, eventually only HD locals will be on 61.5. You basically have two options, get a 1000.2 dish (110, 119, 129) or a 1000.4 (61.5, 72.7, 77). For a self install, I would suggest a 1000.2 dish. It is easier to point and more reliable as far as signal.

i believe for $99 dish will move your system, with out a contract. call and ask, better and far easier if installer moves it. they bring a new dish and all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)