"Moving" questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

harrisburgpatv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
Mechanicsburg, PA
Hello! I'm a "new" DirecTV customer (I've had the service previously a few times)..When I had it back in 2006, I "moved" a few times while I had the service. Primarily at the time it was because D* didn't offer my locals in HD (they now do), but I really enjoy getting the out-of-market locals for a variety of reasons..It looks like not much has changed since then as I was perusing some of the threads here, but I have a few questions regardless:

1) I just got my system installed last Thursday. Is there a certain amount of time I should wait before "moving"?

2) I have a wireless internet connection for the "On Demand". When I "move", should that be disconnected? I'm concerned about it raising a red flag with still having an IP address that's obviously around here.

3) I live outside of Harrisburg, PA. When I do "move", I'm thinking of either somewhere with the NYC locals, or the Philly locals. I also had Baltimore for a little while too. I had absolutely no problems getting these two the last time. I think at least NYC locals are not on spot beams (maybe?) Has that changed?

1, I'd wait a while, at least the first billing cycle.
2, no IP issue, as long as your receivers only connect from the same IP (network) you are fine (they can look for account splitters with receivers coming from multiple IPs). for example, I am in Michigan but my ISP IPs all show out of Wisconsin.
3, HD spot beams are tighter than SD ones, so if you had SD before HD may be more difficult. NYC is on a national beam but just the big 4 (abc, cbs, nbc, fox). The other networks are spot beamed.

WELCOME to Satelliteguys!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)