Moving receiver between two homes

master1

Jun 21, 2007
I was wondering if it is possible to bring my receiver with me up to my cabin when I visit up there. Dish is already set up at my cabin but I do not have an active account there.

Can I bring my receiver from my home with an active dish account and plug it in at the cabin and receive programming for the weekend and then bring it back down to my house?

Thanks.

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Yeah just don't plug it into a phone line, and depending on how far away your cabin is you may not see your local spot beam.

Also :welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!!

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Slaton, Texas
No phone line necessary for a short time. Just plug it into the dish and the power and you're in business.

I believe my receiver only calls in weekly. If it calls from a different number that's a red flag.

master1

Jun 21, 2007
How does Dish know where the receiver is located? I mean, could I get a 301 and add it to my account but leave it down at the cabin for good? No phone line would ever be connected to it, there is none at the cabin.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
that would be fine until the audit people call. There is info on the system info screen that changes constantly so its not like you could write it down

digitalartifact

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 25, 2006
If you want to do the second reciver... You would have two accounts... I do not know if they still do but you could put one account on pause while you used the other account. then you could swap them as needed. (pause / un-paused). but I do not know if they still have that option

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts