Moving receiver

amyrn1

Original poster
Jan 9, 2012
I am NEW to this site, pls bear with me... I am hoping someone can tell me how to move a dish network HD (dp plus) receiver to my garage which is located by the dish itself. Any suggestions? Not sure how to use this new app. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum! A MOD (Moderator) will probably move this to the Dishnetwrk forum if you are talking about a subscription receiver? and moving it is pretty easy, but depends upon whether there is a switch connected to what you already have installed or not.

I am NEW to this site, pls bear with me... I am hoping someone can tell me how to move a dish network HD (dp plus) receiver to my garage which is located by the dish itself. Any suggestions? Not sure how to use this new app. Thanks!

:welcome to the forums!

The receiver will need a direct line from the dish. Depending on what you have installed in your home currently, all you should need to do is run a line from the LNB (or switch if you have one) to the garage.

If you have just one receiver, it should be matter of moving it and re-routing the cable. If you have more than three receivers, it gets interesting fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts