Moving recordings between drives?

SickPup404

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 15, 2006
Hi there people.

I've got a ViP622 and a Seagate FreeAgent Desktop 500GB that's almost full. A lot of movies, but also a lot of series. I just bought a second one at BB.

I'm not asking for any hacks or illegal activities.

What I would like to know is if I can put both on my PC and access the EXT3(?) partitions to copy programs from one to the other, or do I have to move them with the 622 (HD1 -> 622 -> HD2). I'd like to end up with an external for movies and an external for series that I can swap on the 622. It would take forever using the 622...

TIA
Steve

SickPup404

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 15, 2006
Thanks for the replies... Kind of what I figured...

(If only Dish had some ways for organizing the EHD recordings... You could get away with a bigger drive and forget about it!)

SickPup404

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 15, 2006
That brings to mind another question: What's the largest drive (single or RAID) anyone has successfully used on the 622??

stayloc

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 12, 2007
(If only Dish had some ways for organizing the EHD recordings... You could get away with a bigger drive and forget about it!)

Just in case you haven't noticed, when you SORT your internal HDD recordings, you also sort you EHD recordings display. This helps a bunch when you have alot on your EHD. Kinda tripped over that one evening.

SickPup404

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 15, 2006
Just in case you haven't noticed, when you SORT your internal HDD recordings, you also sort you EHD recordings display. This helps a bunch when you have alot on your EHD. Kinda tripped over that one evening.
Nice!! :up
Got to remember that one! :eureka

Vote For Dish....

Dish Network 2008 CES Press Conference Discussion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)