Moving, should I use Dish Mover, or Cancel and Setup New Service

chunk73

Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
Hi All. I am going to be moving at the end of june. I currently have a dish 322 with AT60 and locals. I am a DHA customer but my contract expired in March, so I can now terminate without any fees. Should I use dish mover and have a new dish installed, or should I cancel and setup new service under my wifes name. The reason I am even considering canceling is because at our new place we are not getting traditional phone service, we are going with just cell phones and I know that the dish 322 requires you to be hooked up to a phone line so that you dont get charged an additional $5 per month. So i was thinking that if I cancel service and setup new service, i can get a 311 receiver which doesnt have the phone line requirement. Do you know what types of dishes they are installing now, is it the dish 500 or just 1000's now? Do you think they will give me two separate 311 receivers if I tell them I have two tv's or will they make me get a dual tuner? I want to hook up both of my tv's to two 311's so that I dont get charged the $5. Thanks

OK You want two 311s, but that will cost you the same as one 322 with no phone line connected.

If you use two 311 receivers, you will be charged a $5 additional outlet fee for teh second receiver.

300, 500, 1000, superdish for non hd and the same for hd just depends on your location and programming choices.

Stick with the 322, less lines and the cost will be the same without the phone line or with 2 311's. If you really want to make a change then consider upgrading to a 625 or the dvr features.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts