moving the single node

glgeek

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Greetings,

I had a Hopper installed 2 months ago. During the installation, the installer said he prefers to have the single node installed as close to the Hopper as possible. He said that every action done at the Hopper sends a signal back to the single node and then returns back to the Hopper.

Due to the weather, I was not able to reconfigure the cabling to connect 2 cables from the dish to the ground block and then run an additional cable to the inside of the house to be able to move the single node to inside.

Moving the single node to the inside is a doable installation. My question is: Is it worth the time to move the single node to the inside and see a noticeable performance increase, such as changing channels or maneuvering around the EPG?

Below is a diagram to help explain what I am asking about.

hopper.jpg

TIA
geek

I have my dual node inside but I haven't heard of any performance boost over having a solo node inside vs outside. I see what the tech is saying but I doubt the improvement (if there is any) would be that noticeable.

Technically it would increase the speeds of the Joey more so than the hopper IMO. How much of an increase? Maybe MS?

I used to be an installer for DNS and honestly it probably isn't worth your time. Unless the node itself is exposed to weather or its an eyesore to you wherever it may be located outside, I'd leave it the way it is. The increase if any is tiny

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts