Moving timers from 722K to 922

JEFFinINDY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
I'm getting a 922 on Sunday (yay!), and I've backed up my 722K settings into the remote. Will it be possible to transfer my timers to the 922 when I get it?

Dish needs to find some way to use Dish Remote Access to let users back up their timers online. then if they have to replace a receiver just have DRA send down the info to the box.

That would be too intelligent. DISH doesn't do intelligent. Otherwise, Charlie would have bought TiVo last Spring and rid himself of a lot of grief and stop wasting our money.

Well actually the older remotes do work with the 922 in IR mode. That being said I'm not sure if the 21.0 remote will work with the system wizard on the 922. It's worth trying.

myron243 said:
I believe the 21.0 and 32.0 remotes are on different frequencies.

No one is RF and one is IR, the 32.0 is 2.4 ghz and the 21.0 is IR. But the 922 works with both.

sethwell said:
Dish needs to find some way to use Dish Remote Access to let users back up their timers online. then if they have to replace a receiver just have DRA send down the info to the box.

We think the same. However, the way we think is too logical for DISH to ever do such a thing.

Looks like you're right, so I guess it won't work. I've always had mine in the UHF mode so didn't realize that was a required setting for the SW. :)

Man I wish they'd buy TiVO too... I've been hoping they would lose the lawsuit so they'd be forced into it. I like my DISH but lord their software engineers suck.

If I worked my buglist the way dish does, I'd have been fired for being incompetent a long time ago. How they can sit on these known software bugs for years without rolling out updates is a mystery to me. I could rewrite the entire 722 UI in one year, by myself, and I can assure you the damn thing wouldn't reboot if you had too many timer events scheduled. Nor would it take minutes to respond to remote commands randomly, nor would it take 10 minutes to reboot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)