Moving TN to SC alignment

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm wondering if it's a tilt issue, being slightly off, seeing the 101 is on the money.

Dithering would/should help ...

Are you getting the sd locals? Your signal strength on 101 t4 is 74 and should be enough to get them.

Are you getting the sd locals? Your signal strength on 101 t4 is 74 and should be enough to get them.

Actually I don't know. We have the sd channels hidden.

Question. When adjusting each of the settings, like skew which satellite should I be watching during which adjustment?

Check 101 to be sure you aren't going too far, but concentrate on either 99c or 103ca/cb. After you get one of them dialed in, check the other one. You may need to go back and forth to get them both set.

Check 101 to be sure you aren't going too far, but concentrate on either 99c or 103ca/cb. After you get one of them dialed in, check the other one. You may need to go back and forth to get them both set.

Will do. I won't be able to adjust it until tomorrow afternoon. But I have setup my tablet as a webcam across my WiFi so I can monitor the TV screen with my phone so I can do this solo. FYI the app I am using is called IP Webcam it is free and super easy to setup.

Thanks guys. I set the 1-10 markers for elevation and compass to 0 and setup my tablet to watch the TV. From my phone I watched the 99 sat then the 103. My signal strength is now over 90 on all transponders and 96 and above on many. Picture is awesome. My HD spots didn't come in so I called DTV and they changed my address and the new locals locked right in.

With the dial of 1-10 levation was off .5 but the compass setting was off a full 1-10 turn. Felt pretty awesome watching those numbers rise.

So you are in SC now, but getting the Jackson stations, yes? What are your signal strengths on 99s t18, 103s t17 and 103s t18 as well as 101 t4?

So you are in SC now, but getting the Jackson stations, yes? What are your signal strengths on 99s t18, 103s t17 and 103s t18 as well as 101 t4?

I could not get Jackson TN locals no matter how perfect I aligned it. So I called Directv and had them change my address and turn on the locals here. Now I get local Inman stations and thanks to you guys my channels are solid and clear.

Reactions: Jimbo
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)