Moving to apartment that is cable ready

Status
Please reply by conversation.

seas

Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Hello all,

I am a current subscriber to directv and am going to move to an apartment building that is already prewired for cable tv. I was told by the landlord that I can install a directv dish as long as the support does not penetrate the building. Basically, no new holes are allowed to be drilled into the building without paying an extra $25 a month on top of the rent. My new apartment has coax coming out of the wall and the landlord told me that those cables are for cable tv. My question is, is it possible for me to tap into the cable tv cables and route a coax to my dish? I hope this question makes sense...I don't know if this would make any difference but I can see the building cable tv junction box outside my apartment door.

thanks in advance

yes,this can be done i had the same situation a few month's back and i just connected the cable tv coax with the satellite coax,just make sure you ground the system and you should be fine.. HAPPY VIEWING

bronzetree said:
yes,this can be done i had the same situation a few month's back and i just connected the cable tv coax with the satellite coax,just make sure you ground the system and you should be fine.. HAPPY VIEWING
Be sure the Cable company dosen't have an exclusive use agreement with the apartment complex. And definitely don't back feed any signal into the cable system. :)

Also make sure the connection box is an area that you have exclusive control of, otherwise you may be breaking the law by tempering with it.

I have it a little easier. The apartment I'm moving into in the next month has a contract with Cox, and stated that I MUST subscribe to Cox for any programming. I pretty much told them to stick it in their ear, and that I'm a DTV employee, and a "requirement of the job is to receive DTV programming," which is a total load, but it got the job done.

Wow, that was sure off-topic. Maybe I shouldn't post at 3:00 am anymore.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts