Moving to Argentina

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mpinales

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2010
Ohio
Is there anyway to move my Directv to Buenos Aries and get all the American stations by either keeping my locals or getting the national locals. I notice that Directv has service in Argentina but it is not the US stations in English. I can keep a receiver in the USA at my current house.

Is there anyway to move my Directv to Buenos Aries and get all the American stations by either keeping my locals or getting the national locals. I notice that Directv has service in Argentina but it is not the US stations in English. I can keep a receiver in the USA at my current house.
No ....
Theres no way to get the USA Sat signal from there.

Slingbox

Doctor j

Think of the satellites DIRECTV, or any other place uses as a flashlight and the earth as a basketball. You can only get a signal where the light shines. In this case the light is shined on the USA. Argentina is on the other side of the world, is you split it at the equator. It is thus in the dark for that flashlight. So a DIRECTV (USA) box in southern South America will just read "searching for signal" forever. (Actually you would not even get that far, as the electric plugs and voltage are different, so the box will not even plug into the wall without adaptors).

DIRECTV Latin America is a totally different set of satellites, but is, obviously mostly in Spanish, although it has a few English channels.

Your best bet is some kind of internet service, or, if you have access AFRTS.

I think he understands about using the Internet. He said he'd keep a receiver in the USA. He perhaps wants to know about VPN options or other alternatives.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts