Moving to D*: Directv2PC: HR24: Can you watch DVR recordings in progress?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dougbert

Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
Colorado
Hi all!

I live in Colorado. E* has ticked me off again... with the programming changes! They removed Altitude HD from E*. That's where I watch the Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avs play (no trash talk please ;) ) The Nuggets regular season starts Oct. 27th. So, I'm within hours of making the switch to D*!!!

I don't have a decent TV in my garage where I'd like to go to smoke my cigars while I watch the Nuggets. So, Directv2PC may be the deciding factor as to if/when I make the switch to D*.

I plan to order quantity(2) HR24's with MRV. I have a wireless 811.g router. So, I also plan to order the Internet Connect Kit installed. My router is connected to my cable modem (fastest internet available) in a room at the other end of my house. I have a 2 year-old HP Pavilion laptop running Vista Home Premium SP2 that easily meets the Directv2PC requirements. I also understand that this is 'streaming' content. I've used my laptop wirelessly in my garage for the past 2 years and can easily watch YouTube streaming content.

I searched the forum for the past few days, and couldn't find an answer to this question. I understand that I can watch recorded DVR programs via Directv2PC. Here's the big question: Can I watch DVR recordings "in progress" via Directv2PC? I envision starting to record a Nuggets game in HD on my HR24. So, I'd like to be able to view the Nuggets game while it's in the process of being recorded, even within 1 minute after the recording begins. Will this work? Has anyone tried it? If not, would someone who is currently successful using DirectvPC wirelessly via a laptop and is using an HR24, mind giving it a quick try and verify that it will work?

If I've provided incomplete information in order for you to be able to help me, please let me know.

Thanks for any and all replies.

-dougbert

wildbill129,

Thanks for your quick reply! I'll be placing my order sometime later today! I'm thinking of going with DishStore.Net, both to support this site, AND the $125 rebate check from them doesn't hurt my feelings either! :rolleyes: Hopefully, I can get an install date by Wed.!

D* here I come!

-dougbert

wildbill129,

Thanks for your quick reply! I'll be placing my order sometime later today! I'm thinking of going with DishStore.Net, both to support this site, AND the $125 rebate check from them doesn't hurt my feelings either! :rolleyes: Hopefully, I can get an install date by Wed.!

D* here I come!

-dougbert

You made the right choice as it sounds like you're a sports fan. Dish can't match up with sports programming. They are leading in the nat'l HD channel selections as well as some others, multi-HBO's / Cinamax's, etc. But for sports, it's an easy call.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts