nba league pass free preview for direct tv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pezglobo

Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
california
hey guys, is there an nba league pass free preview going on right now on direct tv, or did my cousin buy the package? ive been watching every game for the past 10 days on the nba channels,,,,,

I had e-mail this morning that a free preview was from Oct 27 to Nov 2. The dates may be a little off. I'm going strictly off memory and that ain't so good anymore.

No free preview at this time. The recurring one is usually the fourth week of January.

If there were, it would only last a week.

No free preview at this time. The recurring one is usually the fourth week of January.

If there were, it would only last a week.
It is currently in Free Preview. Again, you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to Direct

Here is a screen shot I took the other day showing an out of market game on LP and on its corresponding RSN

attachment.php

The free preivew has already begun, DirecTV nornally leaves the pre-season games "open" on the RSNs if people have sports pack.
No sports pack at my place. Screen shots are from NBA league pass channel and the corresponding RSN (Direct always shows the game on both the special league channels and the RSNs. You do not need to sports package to see the game on the RSN if you have that leagues package)

That does it. I've got to get DIRECTV now. I'm concerned that the games won't be in HD on dish because of their disputes and D* is doing this. I think Ergen should just get it over with and ram his company in the ground. DISH can't compete with Direct.

so that means it's free preview then...hmm bummer
I think it just began early this season. It should run through the first week of the season like it usually does. I bet the NBA is telling providers to put it up as advertisement, although I wouldn't be surprised if I am wrong and it is D* doing the advertising

I'm getting DirecTV installed Sunday b/c I've heard the league pass shows a lot more HD games than Dish. I was just looking at the schedule and there's a bunch of games not in HD. Is this right or will it get updated with more HD games closer to Tuesday??
nbaschedule.jpg

The Directv Guide (on the tv) shows almost every game in HD. Last year, the great majority of LP games were in HD. Furthermore, most of the games were on both the home and away teams channels. The tv guide on DTV for next week's games has both channels listed for most LP games, and most are in HD.

Local teams are not always blacked out on LP if DTV has a local RSN that carries the game. The game is televised on that particlar local RSN and also on the LP channel in the 750 rabge, but not on the non-local ones.

Status
Please reply by conversation.