"Moving" to get all for distant HD networks

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't know about a specific county, but you may want to "move" to the NY or LA area (depending on which distant nets you want). That way you will get your "local" network channels, which have them on a national feed.

I don't know about a specific county, but you may want to "move" to the NY or LA area (depending on which distant nets you want). That way you will get your "local" network channels, which have them on a national feed.

Are you sure it works that way? Locals and DNS are different animals. Locals are under localized spot-beams while the DNS East and West Coast feeds are available anywhere CONUS.

Are you sure it works that way? Locals and DNS are different animals. Locals are under localized spot-beams while the DNS East and West Coast feeds are available anywhere CONUS.

I understand what you are saying, but if OP "moved" to NY or LA, he would receive the big 4 Nets via the CONUS feed (but would not receive the other local, independent stations, because of the spot-beam issue).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe NY & LA are the only markets that have their local network affiliates available (if you qualify) anywhere via the CONUS feed.

I understand what you are saying, but if OP "moved" to NY or LA, he would receive the big 4 Nets via the CONUS feed (but would not receive the other local, independent stations, because of the spot-beam issue).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe NY & LA are the only markets that have their local network affiliates available (if you qualify) anywhere via the CONUS feed.

Yup, ABC, CBS, NBC, & FOX from NY and LA are on a Conus. If you "MOVE" to LA, you will get only those 4 networks. You can watch them on the 380's and the 390's for HD.

I have a somewhat related question. Since RSNs can be seen via various sports packages, such as MLBEI-HD, does that mean that those RSNs are also CONUS?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts