Moving - What are my options?

JINXR

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
First off, I've been out of contract for quite a while. I just sold our house and will be moving out into the woods. According to DishPointer.com, I should have a clear line of site to 127 and 129, but just barely. Are these the two satellites I should be aiming for? I currently live in NW Arkansas and have local HD along with HD120 package with HBO and Starz.

The only problem is that I will need to set a pole up about 60' from where the cable will come into the house. Will I need to set my own pole? Will I need to bury my own cable? I'm a little hesitant on setting a pole without confirmation that I have a good line of site.

Also, I have a 3 or 4 year old VIP 722. Would Dish upgrade my equipment during this move? Would it be better to just cancel my service and then reorder it in order to do all of this?

Thanks for your help.

The 722 is still a newer model, and the only thing "higher" would be the 922, which is temporarily unavailable. We can set up a pole mount install as well.

Depending on your local channels, you would need 119/110/129 satellites, or 61.5/72.7/77 (all 3). We don't have a 127, and 129 for the most part only carries HD channels so you would be missing some things

If you send me your phone number or account number in a PM I can get you more details, or set it up for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts