Moving - what to do?

ChefBoy

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
Pasadena, CA
I have been an E* customer for several years. We've bought a new house, and will be moving over the next few weeks. Our current set-up includes no HD, a DISH 500, with a 508 a 4600 and a 3700 (all owned).

My dilemma is what to do at the new location. I have been happy with E* and would like to stay with them, if possible. We plan to add an HDTV in the "near future". We would love a dual tuner box for the main TV - now and in the future. Here are my dilemmas:

1. If we get a leased 522 right now, it appears we would be precluded from an upgrade to a 921/942 in the "near future", right?

2. I have read a little about the new box coming to SBC customers from 2 Wire. It looks great. What is the chance that box will be available to E* customers? Must I really end my E* service for at least 6 months to get this box?

3. If I just wait to see what happens, will the DISHMOVER installer do a two-line install in anticipation of our getting a 522/921/942/2 Wire in the future?

So many questions, so little time.

Thanks for the help.

Barry

If I was in your position I would keep what you have for the time being. When you set up the Dish Mover and tech arrives, ask him/her how much it wuld cost to have dual wire run to the room you will end up having the HD TV in. That way down the road you might be able to just have the receiver sent instead of having someone come out. Thus is what I did when I swapped my 7200 for the 510. I just paid shipping and handling. Just remember that you will need a third line going to TV 2 as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)