"Moving" with Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thechad708

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 14, 2005
Is there any possible ways to "move" with Directv? If so is it just for the DNS networks or are there other markets that are CONUS. Thanks

I'd love to see the stats as to how many threads have been made on this topic.

Do a search and you'll find a few helpful links to see if a spot beam from a bigger city covers your area.

Is there any possible ways to "move" with Directv? If so is it just for the DNS networks or are there other markets that are CONUS. Thanks

You CAN also move to markets adjacent to yours (besides NY & LA); the spot beams spill over to a point, depending on the market(s) in question. In my market, there is NO problem getting BOTH the SD & HD spotbeams from Chicago & St.Louis.

But, since you haven't given us ANY info pertainent to YOUR markets, can't help you much there, you know - if you did, somebody here might actually be able to help you... ;) :rolleyes:

I'm in the Salt Lake City DMA, the closest major market is probably Denver. If I decide to move to LA do i just change my service address on Directv.com. Also If i hook up an OTA would I still receive my Salt Lake locals in my EPG?

If I decide to move to LA do i just change my service address on Directv.com.

Nope, have to call in to a CSR to do this - you can ONLY change your billing addy on-line.

Also If i hook up an OTA would I still receive my Salt Lake locals in my EPG?

Yep, as long as you've set the correct zip in your OTA setup.

BTW, I assume you realize if you move to LA, you will ONLY get the big 4 nets in HD. (no PBS, CW, etc...)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)