"Moving"

teneightyp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Duluth, MN
"Moving". How does this work? What do I do? Or can we not talk about it here? I live in Duluth, MN but want Minneapolis locals. Thanks!

Do a search in this forum. Many discussions already. (Gosh, I'm starting to sound like P., Smith:D)

Call up Dishnetwork , Tell them you moved, Give them the address your going to use ,and your done. Just remember to keep your billing address your real address. Might want to sign up for paperless billing as well.

If you are under the spotbeam of the DMA you want to see, you can lie to Dish and change your service address to one in that DMA. Works for a lot of folks. There are things that can go wrong. A search should reveal a lot of threads.

Good luck, Eric

yeah they shipped a replacement receiver too me, to my bogus address. the school was a customer and called me.

they got a free service call out of that...

I had warned the rep dont ship to my physical, its not secure, and ill get stolen.

dumb rep, caused me a 4 hour round trip drive:(

I always specify that they ship to my billing address and not my service because there will be no one there during the day to get it. I then make them repeat back to me where they are shipping it like a little child. It works every time. The only time I didn't do this they shipped a replacement lnb to my aunt in Arkansas who had to ship it back to me. My fault I forgot to make them repeat back to me my billing address.

Ditto

I always specify that they ship to my billing address and not my service because there will be no one there during the day to get it. I then make them repeat back to me where they are shipping it like a little child. It works every time.

That's the way to get it to the right address. I tell them that I won't be home during the usual deliver times of UPS. Most people are home in evenings, I'm not. So they ship it to where I work. They bitch but have done it.

If you "MOVE" aren't you supposed to take your receivers with you? why do they need to ship you anything?
And then if they are shipping you a new antenna (For your new home) don't they want to send someone out to install it for you?

I live in Wetumpka, Alabama 36092 and have Sport South and FSN South. I really want to keep those but add MASN for Orioles games. It looks like Concord, NC 28027 gets all three. I have the 110, 119 and 129 Sats. Will I be able to "move" without any loss of channels and pickup MASN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)