Moving

llzel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
St Louis
I'm wanting to "move" to zip code 61901 so I can get blackhawks and blues hockey games. It will also allow me to get cardinals, cubs, white sox baseball. I live in st louis and can get my HD locals OTA.
Dish website says that I can't get locals. so if I really did live in 61901 and wanted locals what would I do? Could I get locals from Denver or Phoenix?
I have the AE package with HD and sports pack.

Dish carries St. Louis HD locals on 118.7, which you may not be set up for but they should be there. Don't know why the website would tell you otherwise, unless you live in a suburb that somehow falls in a different DMA.

If you 'reside' in an area which Dish does not supply locals, Dish cannot supply them to you.
Which brings up an interesting question. If you're in an area without locals, how do you go about getting guide data for OTA stations, say from a neighboring DMA where locals are supplied.

Heh. You don't. It's one of the more infuriating things Dish does. You get an awful lot of "I'm very sorry for your inconvenience, sir", but no actual solution. They won't even let you *pay* them for locals that are on a spot beam pointing 3,000 miles away, just so they'll stop blocking your guide data. :mad:

-WIrving

I'm in zip 631 now and get my HD locals OTA and through dish. My RSN is Fox Midwest, I'd like to move to zip 618 and get RSN for chicago and st louis which would allow me to see cards, blues, blackhawks, whitesox, pacers and cubs games. My HD locals would be OTA which I get now. Any reason this won't work? I'm just trying to get some more sports.
I'm using this link to determine my RSN teams. Is there another one that someones knows about?
Also, how would my OTA locals be distributed to TV2 out of my 722? Wouls TV2 have locals?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)