"moving"

rob321

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Atlanta GA
I currently live in Atlanta and I want to "move" to NY like buffalo or Syracuse. How far north would I be able to "move"

You are too far away from Buffalo or Syracuse to pick them up because those locals are spotbeamed. Buffalo and Rochester sd are on 110 spot 9 and Syracuse is on 110 spot 4. Spot 4 covers from Syracuse to Maine and spot 9 covers from Rochester to Pittsburgh. The HD spot 15 that covers Buffalo only goes as far south as Raliegh, NC and the spot 16 for Syracuse goes from Scranton WB and Syracuse to Maine. You are under 61.5 spot 17 and 110 spot 6. Check The List to see what markets you can "see". I hope that this helps and sorry about the bad news.

You are too far south to see the spot beams. Buffalo sd is on 110 spot 9 and Syracuse is on 110 spot 6 with the Buffalo HD on 61.5 spot 15 and Syracuse HD on 61.5 spot 16. Check The List. You can "see" spot 17 at 61.5 for HD and spot 7 on the 110 sat. Hope this helps.

Erie, PA is on 129w and that is a CONUS beam until Ciel 2 arrives...
New York, NY is on 119w CONUS for the main 6 networks (CBS,ABC,NBC,FOX,CW,MyTv)...

You aren't going any farther north than that unfortuantly without being in the proper beam...

SNY RSN HD is on the 61.5 spotbeamed.
The others are on the 119, but it looks like all the RSN's are Conus on the 119 as well. Looks like ALL NY HD is Spotbeamed on the 61.5., Only NY SD is on the 119

YES, I am refering to SD NYC locals, as the poster did not ask for HD only. You can get the SD NYC main locals on 119w, along with SD RSN's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts