Moving

RaiderZA

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2004
I have a 6 year old system with a Dish 500 and two old receivers. I am moving to a different state, and want to know if the Dishmover program is a viable option. What exactly do they mean by 'free standard installation"? I want to upgrade as well and wanted to know if their free installation included wiring the rooms, etc? I want to get HD in a couple of rooms as well as one DVR receiver, but Dish appears to have the best deals for new customers. Would i be better off switching to another service (Direct TV) and get the 'new' customer deals.

Any guidance or advice is appreciated.

Dishmover is a viable option. They will move any receivers you have currently hooked up for free as long as they do not have to do any extra work beyond basic in the installer's or retailer's eyes that performs that Dish Mover Installation. They will not hook up any additional rooms that do not have a satellite receiver in it. If your wanting extra receivers purchase and activate them before the move that way they will have to install them at your new location. They will even provide the extra switches if they are required.

RaiderZA said:
I have a 6 year old system with a Dish 500 and two old receivers. I am moving to a different state, and want to know if the Dishmover program is a viable option. What exactly do they mean by 'free standard installation"? I want to upgrade as well and wanted to know if their free installation included wiring the rooms, etc? I want to get HD in a couple of rooms as well as one DVR receiver, but Dish appears to have the best deals for new customers. Would i be better off switching to another service (Direct TV) and get the 'new' customer deals.

Any guidance or advice is appreciated.

Just cancel the Dish service and have your move. When you get to your new house just sign up with your wife's name... new phone #, new address and different credit card. That you can upgrade to new equipment for free and get in on the new customer offers....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)